When it comes to buying essential oils, it seems impossible to find exactly which one you need to use: every single oil has about a thousand uses. But have no fear as we’ll give you the down-low on what you can do with the different essential oils gathering in your cupboard!
1. Freshen up the smell of your refrigerator by using lime, grapefruit, bergamot or lemongrass oil after you’ve cleaned it.
2. Clean your trash cans with geranium, grapefruit or lemon oil. Sprinkle these oils into baking soda and then shake up the mixture into the bottom of the bins. Repeat this if needed – some smells are stubborn and need to be tackled more than once!
3. Give your dish sponge a thorough clean by cleaning it with lemon oil between uses. This will act as a disinfectant.
4. Remove any lingering smells of food by using clove, cinnamon or any citrus oil. Add these to simmering water and let the aroma fill the area.
5. Remove any wet dog or other animal smells by using geranium, lavender or lemon oil. Mix together ten to twenty drops of essential oils into a small spray bottle. Also add some apple cider vinegar and shake well.